Karnataka Veerashaiva Vidyabhivrudhi Samsthe a Charitable Trust came into existence in the year 1905 (under the initial name of “The Mysore Lingayat Education Fund Association”). The former name given to this Samste as Mysore Lingayeth Association fund and remained in the same name till the state reorganisation took place in 1956. The Association, embodies the result of the first organized effort of the community at self-help and was the first movement of its kind in Mysore State.
The object of the Association is to stimulate a desire for education among the poor students of Mysore province to build Hostels for students and give scholarship to poor students thereby to awaken, moral, social and Educational Advancement of the community. To achieve this, an association was started in 1905 and thus encouraged by this the association has carried on its work.
The Association was Registered as No.11/1909-10 as per Societies Registration Act. It was in the year 1919 by the efforts of Sri M. Basavaiah that 1 Acre and 33 Guntas of Land was allotted to the Association at the present site No.18, Seshadri Road, Gandhinagara, Bangalore, where the present office of KVVS is established now.
It was in the year 1976, a young and dynamic leader Sri. B.S. Paramashivaiah was elected as Director of the Vidyabhivrudhi Samsthe. He was elected as President of the Samste in the year 1995. He had a dream, a vision to grow the Institution. The Courage, Dedication and hardships he underwent to make his dream a Reality is a story by itself. The Result of his dreams is the great “S.J.M. Towers”. He is instrumental in giving a new thrust to the Samsthe. Under his able leadership Grand Plans were drawn to give new shape and Samste grew to new heights.
"Sri.Jagadguru Murugarajendra Towers”(SJM TOWERS)